Neelakantan TR, Pundarikanthan NV (2000) “Neural network-based simulation-optimization model for reservoir operation,” JOURNAL OF WATER RESOURCES PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT, 126(2) pp. 57-64
Summary:
This article presents research that utilizes on a variety of computer algorithms and optimization techniques to optimize reservoir management practices. The article features a case study on a large city in India that has considerable water availability problems. The modeling efforts consist of means to approximate a model with a neural network system (which I don't understand). Then, the optimization algorithm seeks to minimize the squared lack of supply of water compared to the demand (thus, supply deviances are lowered such that all water to an area of the city would not come at once).
Discussion:
I thought this article was interesting, but very difficult to follow and understand at this point. I am looking forward to the class discussion today to try to learn more about the system itself, because at this point there are too many steps (of non-understood material) for me to grasp the concepts.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment